Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Writing matters


It was the colour that dominated my view from the terrasse of Café Venezia yesterday... my mood was far from 'blue'. On the contrary, I find myself in a manic and slightly mad phase, with my writing getting quite out of hand.

It was on the 12th of July that I started on my latest manuscript and this week I shall reach the half-way point (40,000 words) of a first draft! And... the first-person narrative is the story of a protagonist who is about to mark his eightieth birthday, is guilty of two killings and reveals to the reader only slowly the secrets of his exploits in Abkhazia at the time of the 1993 war with Georgia.

There will, I assure you, be further reports... hopefully of continued reckless progress.

1 comment:

Jessi said...

keep the spiriiiiit :)