Friday, August 11, 2017

Happy holidays


Yeah, just 57 degrees Fahrenheit! It doesn't seem to me much like high summer. Although this year it doesn't bother me as much as it might have done years ago. I am now very much an ancient stay-at-home pensioner. It used to be that I'd do shopping outings on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. This implied an outlay of between EUR 16 and 20 per week for beer-and-espresso breaks. Saving that amount makes a lot of sense when there is a dearth of paid freelance work.



It also seems to me that this is a summer which is notably uninviting, with forest fires threatening holiday beaches and unregulated hordes of tourists turning city sightseeing into a full-contact endurance sport.



In the meantime this summer I'll settle for getting my fresh air via the door to my little balcony, not a glamorous holiday destination, although much enhanced on the rare warmer days whenever Jessi is visiting Auld Da in Munich! 



No comments: